From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:48:48 -0400
>Same oxygen rules apply to ferrets as to humans...12,500 msl max....
>14,000 for no more than 1 hour w/o oxygen for passengers or
>animals...P.I.C.  is no more than 30 minutes, 12,500 to 14,000 msl.

The above is copied from today's posting.  There are no rules for oxygen
for passengers is that it must be available, they do not have to use it.
Crew is different and a matter if you are a commercial part 135, 121, 125
or other taxi operation where the limits are different (lower).  Most
likely you have a service ceiling of about 14000 feet, and you would take
all day to get up there in a normally aspirated engine.  The animal should
do fine on a normal flight and even if you were up to 10,000 feet there
would be no real problem where they would just go to sleep.  Be sure there
are plenty of blankets or towels for the fuzz butt to burrow into and they
will be fine.  The mention of heat was introduced, yes would be good to be
sure the animal didn't over heat.  Noise is not good for the fert but not
for people either.  Haven't seen Sportys yet sell head sets for a fert, but
check the Christmas catalog... Ha!  Wrapping the bug up in blankets could
possibly do two things: Over heat, and stifle air flow causing CO2 excess.
Just be careful of that.  They should do fine.  Good luck!

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed and Kodo