From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:48:48 -0500
OK - not to get in the middle of all of this but, a comment made by Sandi I
do not believe.

>Since many breeders sell directly to pet stores . . .

I disagree with that.  I know many, many ferret breeders that do not sell
to pet stores.  I know many breeders that are also shelters.  I know many
breeders that are trying to change the fact that pet stores sell ferrets,
but do not sell cats & dogs.  I think many ferret breeders don't want to
support the "ferret milling".   Most care about their ferrets, where they
go, the care they get, and for that reason do not sell to pet stores.
Infact - I only know of the large breeders, and two local breeders that
sell to pet stores.