Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:15:16 -0400
Hello everyone,

Before I forget, I want to let anyone who might want to contact me that I
will be out of town from Sunday, June 22- July 3rd.  Having worked a literal
ton of weekends for months straight, I'm "a goin' fishin'." I'm referring
e-mails regarding our bill to Doreen [log in to unmask], or to Scott
[log in to unmask]  If you are interested in scheduling a district
meeting with your State Senator, please contact Doreen.  If you have
questions about the status of the bill, please contact Scott.  I know this
is a bad time to go away, but never knowing if we're going to survive each
year means late-fall vacations only (after the legislative session is over)
and that's a very busy time for me with my other work.

EVENTS COMING UP

CFL will be getting the word out about AB 363 to hundreds of CA pet stores
in Long Beach where we have been given a booth free!!  The WWPSA show is
July 11-13, so tell your favorite store to stop by.  Volunteers Debbie A.
and Melissa W.  who were terrific at the Pet Expo in L.A., will be helping
to ensure that every CA pet store that stops by will receive a WANTED poster
for display, filled in with the name, address etc.  of their State Senator.
Even if we don't make it out of Committee on July 8th (I hate to even think
about this but it is a possiblity) we will still further the effort by
spreading the word.  Unfortunately this event is open to the trade only,
otherwise I'd invite any ferret fan in the area to stop by.

Also available for the show to try to help raise money and awareness are
wonderful Wanted pins with everyone's favorite convict and the words "WANTED
Yes on AB 363." These pins were DONATED by Allie of AllieCats.  She makes
beautiful products and met her beau (a real ferret fan) via the internet.
The pins are adorable, and will help us raise some much needed $$.  So far,
we have printed over 12,000 WANTED posters, and produced mailings reaching
over 3,500 Californians!  It's been a lot of stamps, envelops, and posters,
but your help has seen us through so far.  Thanks to everyone who's been so
supportive.

CFL will also be at two new PetCo openings, one this weekend in Santa Rosa
and one in Novato in August.  We are also hoping to be a Stockton Pet Co
soon.  For more information on these acivities contact Margaret at

Bye everyone, talk to you in a couple of weeks.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
CALIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER AND STATE SENATOR BY
VISITING THIS SITE!! IT'S TIME TO CALL AND WRITE YOUR   SENATOR--THE FIRST
COMMITTEE VOTE WILL HAPPEN SOON!