Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:44:07 -0500
From a lot of the recent posts, I guess I never realized how lucky I am with
my vets.  They are self-admitted NOT ferret experts but they certainly have
a lot of valuable resources...me included.  My little ones are quickly
turning them into experts!  I am in no way a medical person but I do a lot
of research on ferrets.  I read everything I get my hands on.  I take copies
of EVERYTHING medical I can find to them (and some not medical, just for
general information).  It's their choice whether it is useful to them or
not.  They are very appreciative of everything I take to them and have a
"special" file with everything in it.

They frequently confer with the vet school at Auburn University (where they
all graduated) and are open to other referrals for information.  Never once
have I felt they made the wrong choice with my babies.  They have all told
me that they like my input because, usually, when I take one in I tell the
vet what I think is wrong.  Most of the time, I'm right!  They don't make a
move without discussing it with me first and getting my input.  99.9% of the
time, I agree with their course of action.

Any vet or vet technician who thinks we shouldn't second-guess our babies'
doctors (or give our opinions) is very narrow-minded and suffers from
delusions of grandeur.  I certainly wouldn't patronize any type of doctor
(human, animal, or otherwise) if they had that kind of attitude.

BTW, my babies' vets are at North Florida Animal Hospital in Tallahassee.

Happiness and Good Health to all your babies!

Katharine
Lily, Lany, Blaze, and Champ