From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 13:22:09 -0500
Congratulations, Michigan on becoming a quarantine state (immediately?  once
1998 begins?).  Your state legalization efforts, your quarantine work, and
certainly Kodo's trial set the stage by gaining ferrets the audience you
needed and giving them the information to understand ferrets as wonderful
companions.  If not for all the well presented facts at Kodos' trial and the
ferret friends gained by those facts who knows how long it would have taken
even with the federal Compendium change?  Kodo saved lives; I only wish his
and so many others had not been lost until now.  Your news on the quarantine
policy there had me literally dancing around the room!