Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:39:16 -0400
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Walsh:

In your post of last night, I read & re-read the following passage:

>It was not long before the neighborhood dogs were raiding my hutches
>by tearing the doors off cages, or trying to take the rabbits from
>underneath the cages by tearing at their feet. There were many nights I
>was awakened by the sounds of the rabbits screaming in terror at their
>attackers as I chased the dogs away.

MANY NIGHTS? You actually allowed your rabbits to live in fear, in
these kinds of conditions, for MANY NIGHTS???

Please, if you would, explain to me why your behavior in this situation
is preferable to a "one-off" tragic accident involving two household
pets, one of whom had never, ever, in it's entire life, harmed another
animal? Please explain why keeping rabbits in terror night after night
is superiorly responsible care of, as you call them, "award winning
show rabbits" ( therefore, I'd assume, monitarily rather valuable,
yes?), that you sold to area families & children, to "help educate
their children on the responsibilities of animal husbandry."

Now, what I know about rabbits you could put in your eye & never know
it was there. But I showed this section of your post to a long-time
friend of mine who has owned rabbits for about as long as I can
remember (not valuable show rabbits, mind you - just house pets), & she
was horrified that ANYONE would put ANY animal through that that kind
of, as she called it, "torture", for which she would have called the
police & made a report of animal abuse if she'd had the misfortune to
witness it.

Of the numerous other animals you've owned, during or since, how many
of *them* were treated in a similar fashion?

Please, I'm really totally unknowledgable about such things.

Awaiting enlightenment ~

Lin, Max, Puck, & Ivan, & the Fugitives - Madison & Mason
~ Missing my angel Ariel - 20 April 2000 - 20 January 2007. Wait for
  me, my Baby Girl. I miss you so much. ~
~ Missing my Oberon - 4 July 2001 - 5 May 2008 - I love you, my Big
  Silly Boy. Wait for me. ~

email me at: kay tee en eye el at double-u owe aich dot ar ar dot see
owe em