From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:00:37 -0600
I've found a book to add to the list of 'essential ferret books': "Training
Your Pet Ferret" by Gerry Bucsis and Barbara Somerville.  It gives lots of
good advice on ferret litter-training, training not to nip, training to come
to their name or to a squeaky toy, leash training (believe it or not),
shoulder training, as well as bonding with your ferret, and toys/games they
may enjoy.  The book states that it is *not* a general care guide, and that
there are other good books for that (and lists several in the back); and yet
it also goes into care, feeding, housing, choosing a vet, ferret-proofing,
travelling with your ferret, and so forth.  A very good book overall (plus
it includes the obligatory cute ferret pictures :).

In case anyone's interested, it's ISBN 0-7641-0093-9, published by Barron's;
my cost was $11.99, though that's Canadian; it'll be cheaper in the States.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Cassidy and Sammy
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy