From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:19:47 -0800
My ferrets have a great new game!  It all started when I went to the pet
store to buy a squeaky toy.  My plan was to train Chewy and Tasty to come
out of their hidey spots whenever they hear the squeak.  (I would bribe
them with Linatone, of course).  I found a great little orange soccer ball
that makes a high-pitched squeak audible throughout the entire house.  The
first time I tried it on the ferrets, though, Chewy seemed much more
interested in figuring out where the squeak came from than lapping up his
Linatone reward.  Tasty freaked out and ran under the couch as fast as he
could.  After a while, though, Tasty got over his fear of the sound and
realized that it was actually kind of fun to try stealing the ball away
from Chewy.  This is now the only toy that both of them are addicted to.
Every once in a while I will see them both wildly bounding through the
house, hissing at each other and trying to grab the soccer ball away from
each other.  They follow the official rules of soccer, of course: they
never use their hands, only their teeth and their noses.  Unfortunately,
the soccer ball seems to have lost its original purpose, since it is now
harder to find the ball than to find the sleeping ferrets!

Julie