From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:16:51 -0600
Hi you guys, me again, here s the other half of the post...

DARKNESS: It always worried me, even though whenever I m home the cuties
here are getting mostly the light from outside through the big windows...
but I didn t like that whenever I wasnt here they would have to have
either a dark room or a lit up room all the time.  I liked the idea from
Debbie of covering the cage (that s what some people do with their birds
so it should work right?!) but it wouldn t work for me since these guys
here are free in their two little rooms (never caged), and one room is all
dependent on a bulb for light, so finally I found something that seems to
work ok!  I bought a light-switch with a TIMER (pretty cheap too!) that
has all these different programs to turn the light in their rooms on and
off automatically!  The best thing is that I can even be crashing at my
boyfriend s and the light will go OFF at the same time it s getting dark
outside, then go back ON again next morning when the sun s supposed to be
coming out!  I set it for the same time every day of the week, and as the
seasons change I can keep slowly re-setting it!  When I need to go into
their rooms at night I just have to turn the light on and off quickly, but
otherwise I feel happy knowing they re always getting enough hours of
light and darkness and at the right times of day.

If fuzzies NEED to be CAGED at night: Nope the don t, but I think Linda
(and other folks) pretty much covered the main reasons most humans put
their fuzzies away at sleep time (I find it IS sometimes hard to sleep
with fuzzies making noise, jumping on my head or attacking my feet to play
under the covers at 3am!), so even though the 3 here are never caged,
sometimes when I NEED to have a full night sleep I do close at least my
bedroom door, so they re still free but not waking me up.  Another reason
to consider letting your fuzzies free is if you re a very HEAVY sleeper
and they get in bed with you and you roll over them, or if you have a
house full of humans who on the way to the bathroom might be too sleepy
to remember to walk carefully dragging their feet and who might STEP on a
fuzzy or close a door or them by mistake!  So I think it depends on the
fuzzy, on the humans (how safe they think their fuzzies can be), and on
the whole house itself... I gotta say though that one of the things I love
the most is when I find out someone decided to sleep next to me in bed.

Oh, and If you decide letting the fuzzies sleep out and you were reading,
writing, eating, watching TV, or whatever you were doing in bed before
going to sleep, just remember to put the objects away from the fuzzies
reach!!!  (especially remote controls with rubber buttons or food or
drinks that are not healthy for fuzzies) If Salma steals stuff from right
under my nose you can imagine how many times I had to crawl under bed
cursing myself for not having put all my pens away properly before going
to sleep!

Anyway, I hope it was of any help.  Sorry I blabber so much.  Hugs and
dooks to everyone!

Chris, Logan, Leeloo & Salma.
(o)_(o)
/-0 0-\