From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:19:27 -0500
First off, I wanted to thank everyone who extended their sympathies
concerning Bear's passing.  I'm printing out the emails, and plan on sending
them to my Mom.  She also thanks you for your kind words.  Let's see...I
have a few other things I wanted to ask/know about.  Here I go.

1) There is a pet store around here that sells foam, and VERY breakable
ferret toys.  They also just got a new batch of kits in (very adorable
little buggers) and are on cedar/pine (a mix) shavings, and had no food in
their bowls.  I told them about the food, and the promptly fixed it.  I have
been looking all over for GOOD articles/postings/etc.to send this store
concerning the bad toys and bad bedding.  If anyone could email me anything
that I could send them, please do so.

2) I was looking on the Ferret Store, and came across some ID tags.  You
melt them, using a hair dryer, onto your fert's collar.  Two questions about
this.  First, they said these ID tags won't fit on the bell collars they
sell, which are Marshalls collars (3/8" wide, I think).  But the tags say
they can fit on a collar up to 3/8" wide.  Do they fit?  Second, can I put
them on their harnesses?  They don't wear collars, only the Marshalls
harness (when they go out), so I will be using the tags for that.  If anyone
can email me if they use these, and tell me how they like them, that would
be great.  If you don't use these, what ID tags do you use (and can I put
them on harnesses)?

3)I know that there has been talk on this list about treats that are safe
for ferrets.  I've now been giving them a wider variety of treats, when I do
offer them, and have a question about a couple of them.  One of my guys,
Leroy, LOVES honey ham (heck, he'll eat anything!).  I'm talking about the
kind you get in meat packs for sandwhiches (like Oscar Meyer).  He can eat a
little, right?  I figure this is O.K.  for him, but I'm just checking.  I
offer a little plate of treats for them a few times a week.  Umm...is
(cooked) oatmeal O.K.?  I was eating some last night, and all of them went
crazy over it, wanting to get little bites.  Leroy even resorted to pulling
the spoon away from me.  Again, I'm talking about a little bit every now and
then.  That's the only 2 human food "treats" I can think of right now.

I'm going to wrap this up.  Please email me, if you can, so the FML doesn't
get cluttered.  Thanks a lot (in advance)!

Jaymi + 4+ 5 + 2