Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:08:43 -0400
Poofing. Ah yes. Not popular with me, my friend. Crackers!, a "gift"
from Renee Downs, was acquired from the DMK rescue in Ohio and is fully
scented. She poofed all of the time during the first several months she
lived here. I worried about it because a lot of them occurred during
her sleep and also when she poo-pooed. I worried that her glands were
somewhat impacted. It stopped after some bit of time however.

She occasionally still poofs while sleeping ... all over my other
ferrets!! BOY, do Chet and Sean get mad. " Moooooooom ... Crackers! did
it again! All over MY ferret!!!" They want me to suffer too. So they
come to me with their stinky ferrets and I am treated to a furry stink
bomb shoved under my nose. Or worse ... Crackers' butt shoved in my
face, by a less than socially skilled Sean. "See?!" No I don't "see"
the stink, I but I sure "smell" it. Thank you for that. Sigh.

I always hear about how "mild" and how "short lived" a ferret's poof
is. I don't know if that is due to others less sensitive noses or due
to the fact that just plain don't mind it as much. But I personally
think Crackers' poofs are horrible. We can smell one through the ferret
rooms' closed door. Sometimes it will even eek upstairs. It lasts a
good 20 min's to an hour. And the smell lasts much longer on the
bedding if she is asleep in it. It lasts on another ferret for a long
time. If it lasts more than a couple hours on a ferret, so poor Pharos
gets dunked in the tub by his ferret daddy, Sean, if he is home at the
time.

Another lovely thing about Crackers and her poofs; she often poofs
AFTER she is taken out of a bath and right as you begin to dry her. If
you don't realize it at first (because the towel would be around her
body holding in the smell initially), it gets all over the towel ...
and rubbed into her fur. At this point, a re-bath is needed. ::rolling
my eyes::

Nope. Not a fan.

Wolfy