From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 10:31:15 -0600
in Calgary.  A *ZOO* contacted our Ferret Club looking for two domestic
ferrets for their education program.  We are trying to assist them by
locating privately owned domestic ferrets or rescues or shelters that can
supply them for a reasonable cost will be considered.  The only concern is
being able to examine them before recommending them for adoption.  It would
be preferable to find ferrets close enough that we can examine them before
agreeing to take them (i.e.  Central-Southern Alberta, British Columbia,
Saskatchewan, northern Washington, northern Idaho, and northern Montana).
I'd rather not drive more than a few hours, but we could arrange a weekend
visit, or even meeting half-way would be a great help.

They will be well cared for, and the docents and keepers are well acquainted
with domestic ferrets as they recently had to put their last pair to sleep
due to old age and disease.

1)  They are looking for two younger bite/nip trained ferrets (or close to
it).  The animals will have to be quarantined for 30 days so they can work
further on bite training should it be required.
2)  Would like younger ferrets, but if older bite/nip trained ferrets are
available they would consider it.
3)  Vaccinations, spayed/neutered would be an asset, but not required.
4)  The ferret facilities at the zoo are currently established with two
seperate cages, but it would be preferable that the ferrets get along, then
they can share a larger home.
5)  The zoo is hoping to locate ferrets very soon as the 30 day quarantine
period adds to the delay in their education programs.

REMEMBER THESE FERRETS WILL BE EXPOSED TO SMALL CHILDREN AND MUST REMAIN
CALM IN UNFAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS.

Please contact Monica at (403) 295-3890 evenings between 6pm & 10pm MST if
you are interested.  (email during the weekdays only)

====
The Terrible Two and the Kitty Krew