From:
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 10:02:25 -0700
>From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Drowning in ferrets!
>Now you shelters with 40, 60 or 100 ferrets are probably shaking your
>heads and saying Big Deal!  But to us it is.

We do agree its a big deal.  Especially since its a big change for you.  We
hope this is a temporary situation that eases up on you soon.  It is
particularly a burden we are sure as you do many other thigs for ferrets
as well.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: show standards
>You did answer my Question in a round about manner that you have been
>prodding AFA to publish there standards so I assume that they don't have
>such a publication.

The AFA doesn't have a publication called "Standard" but it does have a
publication that serves the same purpose which is their show guide.  You
should contact Vickie McKimmey.  Thought we up front stated that what you
wanted was that show guide.  Then explained why it wasn't called their
"Standard".  <sigh>

>With that assumption being correct I won't be showing ferrets at an AFA
>show.

What ever you choose to do.  The show guide serves quite well.  Would you be
happier if the AFA stamped the word "standard" on the cover?  Its the same
thing.  Heck just read the GLFA standard - its largely copied word for word
directly from the AFA and this guide.

This is not an authorized AFA statement.  Just our opinion.  We are tired
of political slams masquarading as issues.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]