Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:18:06 -0700
okay first off...when its in caps that means IM EMPHAZING (im making a
point not yelling)and secondly you need to read this objectionly...mosty
peole havent read BETTYS post from the point that she wrote it...they
have read it from well i dont know...you couldnt have taken it anyother
way than an honest point...one from the truth...from the heart...and in
black and white...and no i dont know BETTY...okay now that i have said
that please read on!!!

did you read all of bettys post?

i did...

and if you did you should reread it...

the point was a woman turned 2 of her ferrets over to a shelter...and
that she HAD 24 HRS TO CHANGE HER MIND...well guess what she changed her
minbd in the 18th hour...she went back to retrieve HER FERRETS and THE
SHELTER WOULDNT GIVE THEM BACK WITHOUT CHARGING HER AN ADOPTION FEE!!!

now what DO YOU SUPPOSE THE FEE WAS FOR???

so betty was asking what the fee was for...SHE WASNT TELLING YOU WHAT THE
FEE WAS FOR....SHE WAS ASKING!!!  she was asking an honest question as to
what in the heck they would chanrge the lady a fee when they have a
contract for 24hrs...and in that contract there WASNT A FEE!!!

thats the point and evryone missed it...

you know we all do stupid things...EVERYONE DOES...and sometimes the
stupid things involve our animals, our children, our spouses, and our
friends..sometimes we wish we could change our minds because we have a
relization that WE WERE WRONG....well in this case this woman relizes she
is wrong and the SHELTER WAS WRONG!!!  personaly if i was this woman I'd
SUE FOR BREECH OF CONTRACT!!!  I REALLY WOULD...CAUSE BY LEGAL STANDARDS
THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...the contract was there to protect the shelter
and the people that surrender their ferret and or adopt the ferret...so
what do you do when the shelter VIOLATES ITS OWN CONTRACT?  really what
do you do?  thats what betty was talking about...its not only that
particular shelter that has done that...AND BEHAVIOR FRON A SHELTER THAT
DOES THAT IS AWFUL...ITS ABUSE...ITS MISUSING ITS OWN POWER...AND MOST
IMPORTANTLY "IT MAKES SHELTERS LOOK BAD"!!!  in my opion..and in fact i
took that post to school and asked my kids and scoolmates what they
thought...95% agreed that the shelter was wrong!!!  why have a contract
if the shelter is GOING TO VIOLATE IT?  IT DOESNT DO ME ANYGOOD IF THE
SHELTER IS GOING TO VIOLATE IT...i would hope that this woman sues..iot
would teach them a lesson..unfortunatly it will affect the shelter but
i dont think a shelter that runs itself like that needs to be in
business...it looks to me like it is out just for the money...really ask
a lawyer how it look to him...ask people on the street how it looks to
them..and your students or your collage friends...ask people who are not
assoiciated with animals or ferrets how it look to them..and i bet youd
surprise yourself...it LOOKS BAD...IT LOOKS LIKE THET WERE OUT FOR THE
MONEY...if you have a contract for 24hrs, 48hrs, or even 72hrs...then in
that contaract you better have it outlined as to how this will work...and
if you dont than as a shelter YOU HAVE NO LEAGAL RIGHT TO HOLD OUT FOR
MONEY!!!  and in my opion IT IS MORALY WRONG TO DO THAT!!!  they have an
obligation to the ferrets, to the potential adopters, and to the people
that have surrended their ferrets...THEY FAILED!!!  the language needs
to be clear cut and concise...the shelter is wrong...in this case rthe
shelter is wrong...and thats the point...what are tehy using the money
for...its not food...food isnt that much...its not shots...is it
coersion...yes...they are being coeersed into adopting their own ferrets
back...and the co9ntract didnt say that would happen...in fact the
ferrets werent abused....and in fact betty pointed this out...BUT
APPARENTLY PEOPLE AHVE MISSED THIS POINT...it seems to me if you logicaly
look at this like the courts would and NOT BE BIASED you would find that
BETTY WAS RIGHT AND THE SHELTER IS WRONG!!!  and thats a shame cause
shelter saves lives and this one HAS BLACKENED IT!!!

Trudi C
"Blessed Be"