From:
Elena Heckathorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:51:24 EST
Laura wrote:
>ok.  Got a bored Ferret here.  Barret is spoiled and with her 3 boxes of
>toys, tubes and things can someone give me ideas of what other toys are
>out there for her?  Please help!  Thanks!!!!

Laura, the best thing i've gotten for my fuzzies in a long time is their
rice box.  It's detailed (with pics) in Issue #27 of Modern Ferret, but
it's pretty simple.

Get a 60-qt (or so) translucent storage container with a lid.  Cut a hole
in the top about 8" in diameter (make sure the edges aren't sharp!).  Then
get a 50-lb bag of plain white rice (NOT instant rice; it could swell up in
your ferret's tummy and hurt him'her if ingested) and dump it in.  Add one
ferret (or more, if desired) and stir.  : )

My babies love it, they dig like crazy in there.

Have fun!

-Elena