From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 00:35:39 -0400
Tracy,

        If the Breeder's Digest you refered to is the one edited by
Vickie McKimmey...

Vickie (and 'staff') chose breeders who they personally know and trust to
be 'responsible'.  Since She herself lives in Virginia there is a natural
connection to her knowing the breeder and the breeder living on the east
coast.  These same breeders are the ones I personally know (mostly).  I
don't know any breeders west of Ohio.  I know of breeders in Texas but not
their reputations or any of their ferrets.  The AFA has groups as far West
(but North) as Minnesota.  I know their is ferret activity in Colorado and
Texas, most of it seems associated with NAFA (North American Ferret
Association).  Perhaps contacting NAFA - but I can't vouch for them.  Check
Pam's STAR list - Pam has pretty good contacts and most of the people get
listed eventually.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets