Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:51:25 -0800
Dooks All ~!

In a previous post I mentioned that the Oregon Ferret Shelter handled an
emergency rescue of a busyness of kids from an Idaho Breeder.  A volunteer
drove direct from the shelter and back to get these wonderful fur-brats (I
think it was about a 13 hour trip).  The 12 arrived safely and are making
themsleves nice and comfy.  Today is the day they will be bathed, nails
trimmed, ears cleaned - you know the routine.

We have encountered quite a few medical problems with the group.  Most
are blind.  We have quite a few cases of cancer (mast cell, ueterus &
testicular).  All the kids will need to be spay / neutered.  Quite frankly,
we are looking at some big-time expenses

The Oregon Ferret Shelter is placing an appeal for donations to help with
these kids.  The shelter has a Tax Deductible Status, so donations are tax
deductible !!!  Donations can be made in 3 ways !!

Donations for medical care and expenses can be sent to the account of the
Oregon Ferret Shelter at:

COMPANION PET CLINIC
Frederick Zborowski, DVM
14292-A SW Allen Boulevard, Beaverton, Oregon 97005
(503) 641-9151   / Fax  (503) 641-7912
(they accept charge cards folks !!)
Send a letter to the shelter at the below address indicating
the amount of your donation so a receipt can be sent to you

Donations for Food (Superior Choice Ferret Diet) or other
supplies:
THE FERRET STORE
1-800-440-3356
Please speak with JOE to make arrangements for donations to
the OREGON FERRET SHELTER
Send a letter to the shelter at the below address indicating
the amount of your donation so a receipt can be sent to you

Donations for supplies (food, bedding, etc) can be mailed to:
OREGON FERRET SHELTER
PO Box 1775,
Oregon City, Oregon 97045

Questions?  Need information ?  Please call the shelter at
1-888-613-6342

Myself and my kids hope that you will join us in helping these guys out.
The ferts I handled last night were very sweet, but very scared.  Every
kid deserves a chance at a better life.

Did I say the donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE???  Oh, I did?  Well, just a
reminder <g>.

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew