From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:18:58 -0400
HI all, Jerimiah here!
Yes indeedy, that handsome lad who runs the show in the shelter rooms at
Ferret Wise!  Well I AM handsome - I 'spose Bear really runs things --
but he is in the old ferts lodge on the second floor-- (he calls it the
LOFT!)-- I am running the up and coming young group here in the main rooms
of the shelter!  Not that I am proud or anything!  :)

You will never guess what the heck happened here-- In a few minutes time
they trashed the shelter-- the humans trashed everytihng.  It was helper
night at Ferret Wise and we though we wuz gonna have tones of fun--
wooohoo-- it was them human beans that had the fun!  Let me tell yo--
they took everything apart I mean every little thing!  They demeaned even
the litter boxes..  I am not sure if I got the right one back.

Scrub a dub they cleaned us right out of home.  The blankets got stolen --
now I smell like some fluffy laundry ball-- geesh it took a long time to
get the place like home -- now we is all living in a sterile environment.
To beat all, they put in these air cleaners and you would think we was in
the forest ... the air is cooler, crisper-- it makes it more fun to play --
but hey I kind of was used to the good ole shelter rooms-- you know?

The new kids got their nails clipped, they is all on some yucky medicine
but I just get treats!  Two of the gals leave for their trips to the vet
this week.  I think it was a (spay) hair appt.  or something -- then off to
recoup ( i THINK THAT IS A FANCY WORD FOR VACATION) at Aunt Judy's Lodge!
Hmm the new kids get vacations-- but I stay here -- it must mean I am ever
so special you think-- I must be the boss, that is it- I keep everything
safe I am the BOSS!!

They didn't give me any pizza guys -- now that is plain not fair!  I did
get some cheerio's but heck I wanted MORE!  maybe next week some nicer
folks will come and want to spoil me!?  I hope so... these folks just
didn't notice how special I was!  I hear they are bringing carved pumpkins
next week -- maybe they will leave one where I can hide inside it --
wouldn't that be dandy!  I hope so!  And then we have a shelter friend
Susan coming next Saturday to tidy and play with us-- this is really really
neat.  I like folkses to visit!  I make a bigger mess throwing the rice out
of the bucket when I have someone to watch!  SUCH FUN!  We now have lots of
newspapers for the floor corners-- and sometimes I move it around to help
the new kids out! :)

Really I like getting them confused-- then they get told no-no instead of
me!  Oh yes- I am supposed to remind anyone that wants to write a note for
the next issue of Frolic to send it soon.  The folkses here are planning
to print it up soon-- so if y9ou have any questions you would like me to
answer just send them right along!

I hope everyone is planning a night to come play and visit-- and especially
to come to the Holiday open house in December (9th) where there are bound
to be lots of sweet things I would love for you to sneak me!

Meanwhile I hear they are planning on taking lots & lots of neat stuff-
including some fancy embroidered caps to the MaFF Halloween Frolic on
October 29th... so if you are looking for some neat things to put away for
the special ferret in your life-- or ME, then stop by the Ferret Wise table
at the Halloween frolic!

Mom was so elated with the extra help this week - she said she felt like
Christmas-- so she put an early holiday hammock on ebay this week, you can
see it and some other new things at the sites listed below!

Betty Boop top sleeper    ends 10/24
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=468213193

Looney Tunes top sleeper ends 10/27
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=471408162

New- crayons for bedtime sleeper  ends 10/25
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=472945876

Holiday Reindeer sleeper   ends 10/29
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=472945876

Origami designer ferret sleeper   ends 10/29
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=474229486

Proceeds from each of these auctions help the programs at Ferret Wise a
501c3 organization -- and will help with the recent intakes receiving
veterinary care!  Please stop by our site at
www.ferretwise.org

Lots of fuzzy hugs-- your friend and Jr Mascot at Ferret Wise
Jerimiah!