From:
Clare Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:17:13 -0500
While visiting my parents in Lawrenceville, NJ, I noticed that the pet shop
at the Lawrence Shopping Center on Business Route 1 is not taking good care
of their ferrets anymore.  On two different occasions, the ferrets' water
bottle was empty.  Last weekend, we told the staff that the ferrets needed
water, and when the ferrets were given water, they acted very, very
thirsty.  On our previous visit, we noticed an empty water bottle and an
extremely dirty litter box.  Another thing that concerned me is that some
of the kits look like they have patches of thinning hair.  Also, one of the
employees said they have a nippy ferret they're keeping separate from the
others--obviously not a good way to reduce nipping.  This pet store really
needs monitoring.  I hope someone who lives in the area can check up on
them and provide some education on ferret care and training.  They have
several adorable little ferrets with white feet.

Sorry I haven't posted in ages.  My parents have both been seriously ill
and I have my hands full.

Clare