From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:48:24 -0700
Sandee,

A little Silver Mitt named Samantha will be crossing the bridge today.

She was from GCFA and came home with me because she was not eating and
failing fast.  She became my "office buddy", in my home office with me all
day where I fed her soup every few hours until one day I heard the "crunch,
crunch" of solid food being eaten behind me.  That was 2 years ago.

Samantha (Sammi, Mantha, Princess Mantha) initially had so much energy for
such a petite and old girl.  Towards the end though, my little troopers'
favorite activity was long drinks of warm water, snuggling in a comfey
sleepsack and getting her little hairless "turkey neck" rubbed.

Here, she was blind, hairless from adrenal, had Insulinoma and
Lymphosarcoma.  However, I am confident that as she nears your side of the
bridge, her eyes become bright once again, her body becomes whole again and
I'm pretty sure she's going to be a beautiful angora ferret, making up for
2 years of no fur!!  Mantha will be met by over 30 brothers & sisters as
well as some cousins - the croud will be led by Ren and little cousin
Coco Puff who shared all her same illnesses.

I know she'll have more energy than I've ever seen and she'll ask the group
to do it all - after eating until she bursts at the gravy gourmet, she'll
want to do some racing, and then maybe some flying lessons with her new
wings, then dance the night away - and knowing her, this will probably be
followed by a snack at the fruit bar before finding the perfect
Hammy.....no blanket needed as she has that beautiful full coat of fur now.

Please let her know that her Mommy & Daddy send kisses on her dark little
nose and her Mikey sends all his love.  She was THE "naked" ferret that
changed his mind about bald being ugly.

We were honored to have her as a part of our family for those two short
years and although we'll miss her, we've very happy for her because we know
she's happy, healthy, safe and surrounded by so many brothers & sisters.

Hugs & Kisses from Momma, Pappa, Mikey, "Not-the-Momma", Kym and Snowball,
Hermie, Houdini, Sunshine, Cosmo, Snowflake, Chomper, Bunny, Autumn, Two
Socks and Hoover.