Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 19:19:26 -0400
Ferrets have very short lives. I deal with that fact by telilng myself,
"Wow, what a wonderful opportunity to meet and love so many
individuals!"

I also own birds. In contrast to the ferret, a large parrot out lives
most humans. The responsibility of caring for a large parrot is much
longer than with a human child. The bird-child never grows up past a
2-4 year old mentality and they are forever your charge. I will never
be able to have any other big parrots except, Tika, my cockatoo. This
is it. I chose her and we are stuck with each other through thick and
thin. And as nice as it is to know that I will probably never have to
face her death until we are both very old ladies ... I actually get
sad about that sometimes!

I have known so many little furry clowns in my life. Oh how I revel in
my memories about each and every one of them! And I think to myself, if
Baby and Rosey never died when I was a kid ... I never ever would have
loved and been loved by Trixie, Slinky, Snowball, Taz, another Taz,
Ping, Pong, Rocky, Laddie, Jubiliee Spirit, Smokin' Toady, Serendipity
(Dippy), Gizzie-Goo (Butters), Zee, Pharos, Crackers!, and Shenanigins.
And that would be just horrible.

Da Wolfy