From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:42:56 -0700
>From:    James Stuart Ross <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Ferry To Canada

I hate to seem like a meanie but if a breeder is going to try to sell
ferrets to folks that far away they should take more responsibility for
the full welfare of their charges.  If you can't work out shipping
arrangements with the breeder then you should locate a breeder that is
closer.  There might be a reason that a breeder can't place kits more
locally.

>From:    Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FERVAC D - Questions
>If you have had problems with FERVAC D, I would appreciate hearing
>about the specifics of the situation.

You will get a very ugly and unbalanced understanding of the issues with
Fervac-D this way.  You will get dozens of nasty reports but not the
thousands upon thousands of reports of nothing wrong.

We have never had the least little problem with Fervac.  None.  Nothing in
hundreds of shots.  We still want Merial to enter the market and would
strongly consider using their product but have no reason to be displeased
with Fervac from personal experience.

>From:    "F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Anti-ferret vet in NH
>As far as his comments on rabies go -- he must not be up on his
>Compendium readings.

Only thing he got right was that there is currently only one vaccine
approved for rabies in ferrets which can be seen as limited choices.
Since it is among the most popular dog vaccines its not hard to find by
any stretch of the imagination.  He tried real hard to distort the only
other facts he kind of used on rabies.

We wouldn't let that vet near any animal we owned.  He is a liar and I
refuse to work with people I can't trust.  Oh and he is welcome to sue us.
He destroyed his own reputation - I just noted what I saw.  He won't sue
as he knows he will not prevail in court.

>From:    Thor Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Moving back to sweden?
>We may be moving back to Sweden, and i was wondering if anyone knows
>whether or not there is a quarantine for ferrets, and my dog

Not positive about the dog.  But there is a 6 month quarratine for cats
and ferrets.  Only people we know who tried this were very very unhappy
with the process.

>From:    Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Easel: 7/96-7/99
>Hi.  Haven't written in a while, but there are still names here I
>recognize and probably vice versa.

HI!!!!!!  Missed you very much...  Though very sorry to hear about the
little tripod.

bill and diane
--
bill and diane killian