From:
Renee Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:04:07 EST
My female sable of 2 1/2 years is having some problems.  I'm not sure if her
condition is serious or not but I am begging for advice.

Last week, I woke to Baby coughing (or at least that's what I assumed was
happening).  The sound was very unfamiliar for she has never had any
problems before of this nature.  I picked her up to possibly calm her.  As I
held her I noticed her breathing was a bit raspy.  I had to go to work that
morning so I called the vet to ask some general questions hoping to find out
that my worries were nothing.  The vet informed me that she needed to come
in as soon as possible just in case this was something of a more serious
nature.  I went home to pick her up later that morning and I walked in on
her eating...what a relief that was to see!!  To both my relief and
disbelief...the vet checked her lungs said everything was ok and sent me
home with some medication.  He said all looks good, she must just have a
cold.

I took his word but watched her carefully.  His word is no longer enough for
me.  Two days ago I woke to her Baby coughing as she was before.  I picked
her up and she looked at me with one eye open and the other eye shut.  The
eye that was shut had "eye crusties" which looked as though the mucus had
been fairly steady.  Her nostrils were black with what I assume were
"boogers" and which appeared dangerous for she might have trouble breathing.
I rubbed my finger over her nose and lucky loosened up what ever it was.  My
biggest concern is that she has been sleeping alot lately.  She eats fine
(at least from what I've seen) and her corner surprises have been normal.
I'm scared for her.

I don't feel the vet is providing me with enough information, if anyone else
would be willing to hand out some knowledge or suggestions PLEASE email me.
I would feel terrible if I assumed this "cold" will pass and find out later
that didn't provide her with necessary medical attention due to lack of
information.

Want to enjoy more dooks and kisses

Renee Jones