From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:49:16 -0700
Howdy,

You people on the FML are great!  I posted about the passing of Mr. Lugnut
Chains and the next day my mailbox was full of email from caring ferret
folk.  To know there are so many caring people here is just what I needed.
Thank you all!  One thing though, many people complimented me on the care I
gave him because he lived to be over 13 years old.  I can't take the credit
for that.  I didn't do anything spectacular.  The credit goes to Lugnut and
his determination to go on even after all the crappy hands life dealt him.

In the meantime, my remaining ferrets have been busy trying to cheer me up.
They seem to know I need to keep my mind off Lugnut so they've been getting
in extra amounts of trouble.  Insanity is diligently knocking things off
the shelves so Turbo can steal them.  Ricochet, the albino whom I've posted
before about his color changing habits, has decided to try yet another
color.  He climb up on my desk and knocked over a cup that I use to hold
pens & pencils.  Unbeknownst to me, one of the red pens had leaked in the
cup.  So Ricochet proceeds to nose around in the cup.  When he pulled his
head out, it was mostly red!  It scared the poo-poo out of me at first
because I thought he was bleeding.  But a closer inspection revealed what
had actually transpired.  I tried washing off as much of the ink as
possible, hoping at the same time that he hadn't decided ink was a tasty
beverage.  Not all the ink would come out so now he has a pink head with a
bright red nose.  Why can't he just be satisfied with white?

Remembering Lugnut,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom

"Black holes are where God divided by zero"--Stephen Wright