Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:54:37 EDT
First of all...I thank all the many gentle souls that are so pure
in spirit for your prayers and hugs and well wishes and concerns for
Bisquit, myself, and Zoo. I literally cry as I read your messages,
or Zoo tells me about them when I call in.

When I was driving with Bisquit to meet Greg, Bisquit would slowly
turn his head all the way to the right to look up and over his shoulder
with burnt eyes slit. Then he would do the same on the left. He kept
repeating this over and over the entire drive with blood dripping out
of his ear and on his coat. The pain and shock and terror for this 2
year old fur child must have been beyond what most of us have
experienced.

There is no doubt he would have died, or I would have somehow ended his
misery on that Sunday. It was only by around the clock nursing that he
has managed to survive...and heal with speed from your prayers and
thoughts.

Zoo says he is still having nightmares, and rests a great deal. She met
him on a visit and knows what a frisky speed demon and happy maniac he
normally is.

But if she wishes to tell you of the little things he has done each
day that show the improvement, I will let her tell of it. She has been
his nurse, and life raft. He was adrift on a roiling sea of pain.

She has not slept much these last few days, and has much more to do
than nurse this one ferret. This utterly unselfish person is how Zoo
is. This is a big part of who Zoo is. She is as mother earth to
ferrets.

I will be visiting and bringing sleep mates to spend a week with
Bisquit. It is easy to forget what he has lived through if you were
just to meet him. But those who saw him know how close to death he was.
Another week at the sanctuary will insure his stability and increase
his strength.

Thank you Zoo. And give a hug to your hubby for thinking of the
antibiotics for burn victims. Thank you also to Greg, who had to drive
through 2 bad accidents to get the little one a chance to live.

For those of you with the nauseousness of death or near death, I am
doing bananas and skim milk and Gerbers Rice baby food with Zantac,
Pepsid, and Tums ..one of each every 4 hours until bed time. Toast...
plain toast is also working. The stomach pain is still there. But I
can function.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. I know I will not
want to open the door to the dryer. I do it. But I put it off. I talk
myself through it. That will just be life until the horror ebbs away
over time.

I feel really badly for our young men and women in the armed forces for
the nightmares they must live with. I am such a spoiled American. My
heart goes out to those with post traumatic stress disorder and the
ugly gut wrenching memories they have stored in them.

Again...I see such love and purity of heart. It causes healing in MY
heart. Thank you for your kindness. You have my tearful gratitude for
helping Bisquit, me, and Zoo.

A bear hug to you all,
Lisette