Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:05:57 -0700
Early morning at the Bridge has Nanna bustling around all over the place
looking for Muldoone.  "Where could he be" she barks at any ferret within
50 feet, "he had better not be doing what I think he was doing last
night" and with that statement she whirls to glare at a couple of
Muldoone's closest pals Flash and Spanky.

"Honust Mz. Nanna, we not be on a fwannel nightgown waid wast night
Flash tells her.

"Who said anything about a flannel nightgown raid last night" she
demanded to know.

"Uh well, uh no one dids Mz.  Nanna, but ebbery times you tink dat Mully
be doin somuptin he not pose to be doin" explained Spanky.

"Well that is because I know the kind of nighttime activities you boys
like to engage in and it is generally led by Muldoone" growled Nanna "and
he had better be showing up soon, we have a special one to check on."

A few minutes later Muldoone comes strolling along the path and he stops
short when he sees his two bestest buds being grilled by none other than
Nanna.  "Oh boy, wunder what Nanna tinks I did now" Mully says to
himself.

"Nanna, Mully begins, whateber dey tells you I did, I didn't, honust.
We gibs back all da fwannel nightgowns didn't we Fwash and Spanksey,
tells her guys!!"

Once again Nanna fixes her eyes on Flash and Spanky and Muldoone could
have swore that he saw a little puff of smoke come out one of her ears.
Dis is not gud, I tink Nanna is gonna bwow up she be so mads.

"I thought you boys told me you weren't in on those raids" she shrieks at
Flash and Spanky.

"Uh, uh, did we says dat Nanna" stutters Flash, "we must habe not heard
you wight.

Uh yeah," Spanky chimes in, "we gots to go, I tink I hear someone yell
for us" and with that both ferrets were gone.  "Tanks a wot guys" Mully
mutters under his breath.

Turning to face Muldoone, Nanna was still mad but she had more important
things to deal with, she had a ferret that needed to be checked on to
make sure everything was okay with him since he had arrived at the
Bridge.  "Muldoone, do you remember a ferret arriving here a short time
ago, his name was Bear, he was seven years old, he was a dark-eyed white
male."

Muldoone thought for a good bit, took off his ball cap and scratched
behind his left ear while he thought.  Nanna took one look at Mully's
hammy-head hair and shook her head, Muldoone, you have got to do
something about your hair.

Nanna, I keeps tellin you I twy but it won't way down da way I wants it
to, dat be why I wears my ball cap, to twy to hide my hammy-head hair."
Mully thought some more and scratched some more, then he scratched some
more and thought some more.

M U L D O O N E shrieked Nanna, I am not getting any younger standing
here!!

Just then Mully remembered the ferret named Bear.  "He be weally weally
sads when he gots here Nanna.  He wost da only hooman-bean he eber woved.
His hooman Johnny died and Bear went to go wive wif Johnny's gwandma.
Johnny's gwandma twied to takes gud care of him but Bear misted Johnny
too much so he comes here.  Nanna I hads to helps him come the wast part
of the Bwidge he be so sad."

Nanna felt her heart tug hearing how sad Bear was over loosing his human
but it does happen, ferrets love their humans so very very much and some
can't go on without them.

"Nanna, Muldoone began speaking in a lower voice, almost like he was
afraid he would be overheard by someone.  I didn't knows whats to do wif
him, he keep saying he wants his dad Johnny, dat is all he wanted, Nanna,
he didn't eben want to go to da chicken gwavy pond, he just wants his
dad."  Nanna I twies as hards as I could, I tells him bout all da neat
stuff we gots hereI eben tells him bout" ...... and Muldoone stopped
short, he was about to spill his guts to Nanna which would only get him
into a lot of trouble.

 "Where is he Muldoone, Nanna demanded to know.

"I tooks him to Mz. Sunny's bunguleoud, I tought maybe she helps him.

That's bungalow Muldoone Nanna informed him, the word is bungalow.

Yeah, dat pwace, dat is where I takes him to" Mully tells Nanna.

Muldoone you should have called for me to help you, you are far too
inexperienced to handle a ferret arriving in such sad condition.

Nanna, I twies to finds you dat day but eberbody says you takes a day off
and you were gone.  I be weally sworry Nanna but I hads to do someptin
for him, he be so sads."

"Okay begins Nanna, then what happened after you took him to Mz. Sunny.

She tells me it be okay, dat she takes care of eberyting dat she can fix
it for Bears to be wif his dad 'gain.  What do you mean she said she
could fix it for Bear to be with his dad again, shrieked Nanna, that is
completely out of our area, we don't do things like that.

"Nanna I not knows Mully begins to explain.  I weft Bear wif Mz. Sunny,
she tells me to comes back watter and she make tings okay for Bear.  I
goes back watter and I hears a fewet dooking and pwaying and when I
wooks, it be Bear.

But who was he playing with demanded Nanna, I thought you said he was in
such bad shape when he arrived at the Bridge.

Nanna, he was, he be weally sad but watter when I sees him, he be happy
and jumpin and dookin.  Isees a man pwaying wif Bear, I tink maybe it be
his dad.

MULDOONE, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, THAT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF OUR AREA shrieks
Nanna.  I am going to get to the bottom of this and with that Nanna goes
stomping off in the direction of Mz. Sunny's bungalow.

A little while later Muldoone sees Nanna approaching him with a very
peaceful look on her face which was totally different, generally when
Nanna came looking for him she always looked angry.  "Nanna, began Mully,
did you finds out bout Bear?

Yes Muldoone I did and I am sorry I yelled at you.  Mz. Sunny told me
what a superb job you did that day taking care of Bear.  She told me how
kind, how gentle, and how thoughtful you were with him and she also told
me the idea you had for helping Bear.  She said you told her you thought
the Boss should make an exception sometimes for ferrets and let their
humans come here and get them and take them back to the other side where
the humans are, is that true Muldoone, did you tell Mz.  Sunny that?

Uh yeah, dat what I tells her Nanna.  It not be fair dat Johnny dies and
Bear be so sads dat he dies too.  Well Muldoone apparently neither did
the Boss.  He opened the veil between our two worlds long enough for
Johnny to come and get Bear and now they are together again and will
never be apart.

Muldoone, I am sorry I am so hard on you at times Nanna told him.  I
can see that you have a very good heart and you do a wonderful job as a
greeter."

And with that, Nanna reached deep into one of her apron pockets and
pulled out ahandful of raisins and gave them to Muldoone.  "Go find your
buddies and have some fun, but not so much fun that I have to come
looking for you young man.  And stay away from the girls and flannel
nightgowns!!

Aww Nanna grumbled Mully, we just wikes to habe some fun."