Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 08:56:12 -0400
Anyone have an opinion on the following to clean/disinfect ferret cages and
litterboxes?  I have been using a product by Life Tree that is a "bathroom
cleaner" using Tea Tree and Lavender that says it is an herbal antiseptic
which it says "deodorizes and helps prevent bacterial growth".  It goes on
to say that these essential oils are blended with a vegetable based cleaning
agents, no artificial odor or fragrances added.  Contains no phosphates,
chlorine or other environmentally harmful ingredients.

We have used it some in cleaning the cages and the ferrets don't seem to
have an objection to it and I personally like the way it works on odors.  I
think I remember Tea Tree being discussed when I first started reading the
list but I really don't remember the pros/cons.  Compared to chlorine it
wins my vote hands down but I still would like an opinion in regard to using
it around ferrets.  Thanks!

Karla
Meep and Daisy