From:
Stephanie Mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:49:55 -0400
Hi Renee and all,
I have a suggestion.  It works for us here at the shelter and I actually
love to clean because of it (yes, I am a sick woman).  We use 1/4 cup Dr.
Bronners Peppermint Soap, 1/2 cup witch hazel, and fill an empty 409 bottle
the rest of the way with water.  (You can use any old, clean spray bottle
of some kind, such as 409 or Windex).  Shake well, and spray on poop and
pee.  Not only does it smell terrific (minty fresh), the witch hazel cuts
into the mess and lifts it off the floor.  It leaves everything shiny and
clean and pepperminty and doesn't hurt your finish on hardwood floors,
formica, linoleum, press and stick tile, etc.

We've been using it for about 2 years now and I wouldn't clean with
anything else.  Plus, it won't hurt your ferrets like some other products
do.  Try it.  You can find Dr. Bronners Peppermint soap (and almond and
vanilla flavors too) in the bathroom/toiletries section of your local
grocery store or in GNC or a health food store.  It's all natural, but
concentrated, so you just need a very small amount.  I think I've been
working on my current bottle for about 6 months.  I keep spray bottles in
the bathroom, shelter room, kitchen and sun room, along with a roll of
paper towels by each bottle.  I swear by it--try it and let us know what
you think!!

Stephanie
Ferret Services of Freedom