From:
James Cristea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:14:00 -0500
GOOD NEWS!  Cody is coming home tonight (4/28) after his surgery for his
blocked bladder, but he is not out of the woods yet.  The vet bill is
mounting, but it'll be well worth it if he recuperates.

I visited Cody in the hospital last night (4/27).  He looked terrible!
He had his catheter hanging out of his belly from his bladder and an IV
in his arm.  He perked up when he saw me, but flopped around due to all
that paraphenalia.

Yesterday, Cody had surgery again (3rd time in two days) to try to
un-block his urethra.  No Go.  Therefore the vet did a little plumbing
rerouting.  Now Cody will urinate out his rear end instead of down
(basically a new hole was made to bypass the blockage).  He will still
have bladder control.  The vet said it looked good (especially
considering the vet had giving a 25% chance of it succeeding).  It will
have to be watched carefully to see if it blocks up again.

The vet called me this morning to tell me that Cody had ripped out his
catheter and an emergency surgery had to be done this morning to sew him
up.  The catheter was going to be removed today anyway, but Cody was just
a little bit too anxious to get it out.

Will keep you informed as to his progress.  Thanks for the letters of
concern!  Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, and give your fuzzballs
an extra hug tonight for Cody!

 Jim Cristea
 Princeton, NJ