From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:04:11 EST
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I spent the day sleeping and
doing as little as possible.  Working retail, at Petsmart during the
holidays wiped me out!

First off I want to tthank all the secret santas and friends of the
shelter for all the great presents they received.  Most got new hammys,
sleep sack, and everyone got new toys and treats!  We will be sending
thank you cards to all, but I need a few addys, so Tara R.  i need yours,
And Amy from Mass, if you sent us a package please I need your addy.Also
Anne Ryan, thank you for you donation to our vet, but whats your addy?

Also need a list of the SOS gals addys that sent our shelter a Ferret
Store GC, thank you!!!!

We also received a $50 GC to the ferret store, I have no clue who it came
from, so will the guilty party please step foward, lol.

If you send us a package and haven't received a reply that we got it,
please l et me know, I lost e mails and want to let you know they arrived
and are in good use, lol.

i have been blessed to have kept this shelter open and running since
1997, I know its possible due to the fact we have so many great folks
that believe in us and help out the shelter throughout the year.  i can't
thank you all enough, you have made many shelter ferrets lives much more
comfortable and happier!  We are all still fighting a nasty flu bug here,
it comes and goes, I'm really sick of being sick and seeing my babies not
feeling well.

i also wanted to tell of a passing of one very special ferret.  He was a
wonderful old man, very naked and very sweet, he passed away on Christmas
Eve.  i came home from work and he was in a full blown seizure, he had
never shown signs of low blood sugar, even when we checked it.  But he
must have dropped rapidly and it was over very quickly.  i gave him some
comfort through sedation and he passed quietly.  The special man I'm
refering to is Mr. Bigglesworth.  he is very missed by his brother
Wizzard and by myself.  to everyone that sent presents to the brothers,
Wizzard is resting comfortably but lonly in his new bedding.  i'm hoping
to match him up with another old timer so he won't be lonley.  And Mr.
B's pic will still be entered in the nekked ferret photo contest in the
Ferrets mag!!!

One last but not least thank you to Dave our driver and his wife Cindy,
they did every weekend of the Santa photos at Petsmart.  Dave is probably
never going to want to see a Santa suit again, lol.  As soon as we know
what was raised I'll pass that on.

We also have a few JC calanders left and they are on e bay now, ending
soon, you can check them out by going to our website and clicking on the
e bay link.  There is also one cool ferret toy on auction.

So to Big and all my friends across the country, thank you for helping us
through another year of helping homeless ferrets.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"