From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:16:14 -0500
Now that the headache is getting down to the "near-lethal" area and I can
start to think straight again, its time to figure out the second phase of
the "Great West Coast Trip."  You know, the part without the crash.

My brother wants to be home before Monday and suggests we carivan together
to CaCa Land, and since he does't live that far from a most important stop,
I think it is a good idea.  Also, since I blew the Portland thing, I have
no reason to make that a first stop.  Finally, I sort of want to get out of
the Great White North before I have a strong possibility of becoming
snowbound and forced to boil and eat my shoes to survive the drifts between
Edmonton and Calgary (I don't mind freezing my toes; it's my tush I'm
worried about ;-) ).  As a consequence, I have monkied with the trip a bit
to reflect this later restart.  Soooo.....

This time I plan on playing it more by ear to take into account road and
weather conditions.  If things look good, very little change will take
place, and my cities sequence will be SD, LA, SF, Portland, Seattle,
Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Bozeman, Laramie, Denver and home.

If the weather gets bad (or looks like winter will come early), I will
probably head north then work south.  I don't like the idea because of
the increase in miles, but it would probably save time in the long run.
In either case, I will keep people informed.

Thanks again for all the cards and letters!

Bob C and 22 Mo Head Thumpin' Monkeys