From:
Ferret McDuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 09:51:33 -0500
I just want to make it very clear that I am not, in any way, attacking Jeff
Johnston or those in the epidemiology/public health field.  I am speaking
out against the "information" they are dispensing to the public.  Most of us
on the FML or actively involved in ferret clubs have enough experience and
savvy to recognize the true value of this "data".  Where I am concerned is
for the newcomers or the general public, including the city councils,
legislators, and other policy makers who take these statements at face value
as being accurate because of the source.  It is for this reason that it has
always been my policy to, whenever the inaccurate information is presented,
to present the correct data.  I agree that it is important for people to
hear the arguments that could be used against them so that they know what to
expect.  But it needs to followed up by the accurate information.