From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:28:57 -0500
Almost 5 years ago my daughter Mary rescued a little sick kitten.
Cloudy has spent a lot of time at the vet. The vet initially suspected
FIP but the test was unreliable and expensive. Now the test is much
more accurate. We had little Cloudy tested and she has FIP. It is the
"wet FIP" and she is very snotty but still plays etc because of Mary's
excellent care....she spoon feeds her Beechnut chicken baby food plus
keeps her clean. The vet said that it is unlikely that my other 14 cats
will contract FIP and they have been in contact for nearly 5 yrs any
ways. We will not get another kitten for now because of Cloudy. My
question is about ferrets. Can they contact FIP? I am in a minor panic
mode after hearing from someone that ferrets can get FIP. I would have
to stop rescuing ferrets and that would break my heart.

Nancy with her 13 ferrets and 15 cats including a very sweet special
tiny kitty named Cloudy