From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:10:48 EDT
>Forgive me folks, but what am I buying from Performance Foods if not the
>assurance that they check the quality of the products?

John, the very fact that Performance Foods voluntarily pulled their
product off the market because they discovered that the ingredients were
substandard is demonstration that they DO check the quality of their
products, and that they DO care that every batch meets exacting standards.
What more do you want of Performance Foods?  How many other pet food
manufacturers have done the same thing?  Far from diminishing my confidence
in their product, their decision has demonstrated to me that they are
genuinely concerned about the quality of their product.

Quite honestly, most of your complaints seem to stem from displaced anger -
some overzealous folks on the FML have given you a hard time over feeding
one food rather than another.  Be angry with them - not Performance Foods,
don't mix the two.  Better yet, get over the anger - it's not really good
for you.

>I read another of today's posts from someone who had the problem last
>spring.  I remember that person posting on this list what a terrible
>company Marshall Farms was for shipping her a ferret with ECE.  She knew
>that because her vet told her and he was the best.  When the problem
>didn't go away, she went to another vet who had a different diagnosis.
>She even posted that, while denying the problem existed, Marshall's paid
>the vet bill.  Her comment was that they must be guilty or they wouldn't
>have paid the vet bill.

>NOW she posts that the problem was with TF food.  How can I believe her?

Is it really so important that you believe her?  Does your life depend on
the information she shares on the FML?  There are many more sources of
information available, and some of them may even be more reliable.

>Was it MF or TF???  If it was the food, why didn't she post that last
>spring and offer her apology for the bashing of Marshall Farms???

Life Lesson #64 - some people are jumpers.  They jump on bandwagons with
the agility of circus acrobats.  If that bandwagon this week happens to be
Marshall Farms, then all of the ills in the ferret world come from MF.  If
this week's bandwagon is Totally Ferret, than the ills stem from TF.  And
if you don't believe the person, he/she has THE best vet in the world who
will back them up 150%.  The remedy?  Take what people like that say with
a liberal dose of salt.

FSG