From:
Amy Flemming - WORK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:45:48 +0800
>all cupboards that you don't want them in get latched securely.(please
>don't use kidproof latches, two legged kind)

Just wondering why you recommend against human childproof latches.

>Two litter boxes in this small room and STILL they can't/won't hit the
>box!

Maybe try putting them back in their cage - ugh I know - and see if they
use it in the cage.  Make the area they are out in small and leave the cage
door open (with a litter pan in the cage as well as out of it).  Reward
them when they are out (at that point only let them out when you are there)
and they uses the pan out of the cage.  Gradually make the area larger.  If
they consistantly use th pan in the cage, just leave the cage in the room
for them to use.  We had a boy that - no matter where he was in the house
(ie from the very upstairs to the basement - to use the litter pan.