From:
The Clarks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:24:02 -0500
Hello friends,

Hope everybody had a great weekend!

Thought I post what little news I have about the ADV thing the other day,
but first; "Thank You, thank you!" to all who responded so fast.  I am so
proud to be part of this list!

My head is still spinning from reading sooo much about ADV these past
few days!

And, the more I read, the more I am convinced that no way did this new kid
give ADV to the rest of the crew so fast.  I took the information to the
store and tomorrow some will go to the vet.  We have been trying to get in
touch with the owner of the ferrets and guess what?  They don't return any
of our calls!  Not mine and not the stores.  I left messages that I have so
much useful information for them and more important, offered my help with
the sick one now.  (Wondering just how concerned they really are.)  I also
found out that the dead ferret was sick for over a week before they took
him to the vet and he had not been put down, he was so bad, he died!
Finding out lots of strange things about these people!  Yes, he got sick
five days after the new arrival but they didn't bother to have him checked
till it was too late.  I still think it is ECE.  The store manager has told
them to go ahead and have the ferret tested and also, if they decide not to
keep him, he's coming back to the store but she's not going to return him
to MF.  She knows I'll find him a home.  (She also knows: There's no help
for me!!! :o)

So, that's where it stands right now.  I am pacing the floor.  I wann'a get
hold of that poor sick one so bad.  I know that the other one could have
survived, had he had the proper care.  I also need to find out the truth,
I heard that the ferrets were kept in the attic with the other animals.
(ya'lls blood pressure just go up a notch too?)  I just don't want to
believe this!  That's why I want to talk to her so bad.  I do know that
they own at least one snake and other reptiles.  When I talked to her that
day, I did caution her about that.  She said that they always keep them
separate.--- Ohhh....k, what else can you say?  That I am boiling inside?

"Lord; why don't you just keep me away from pet stores from now on!"

We don't know if they will have the ferret tested, bring him back or keep
him.  The only way we will find out is, if they come back to the store for
payment for the vet bills or answer our calls.  I will post again if I have
any news.  Thanks again everybody, for helping out!  Right now I'm going to
go and ask my crew if they even realize, just how lucky and spoiled they
are. :o)

Hugs for all your ferrets.

(From the one who's motor runs on ferret kisses.)