From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:52:23 EDT
First of all I want to say a heart-felt thank you to all of the people
who have written with advice and information.

My ferret Tigger is still sick, but is hanging in there.  She has not
gotten any worse, and may be slightly improved, but only slightly.  The
last test she had was an upper GI, which showed a lot of inflammation of
the stomach.  My vet suspects either Helicobacter or Campliobacter (not
sure about the spelling), but he gave me medication to give her on
Saturday.  My vet also did a stool culture, but does not have all the
results back on that yet.

I am still having to force feed her, but apparently I am doing a good job
of it.  She is not losing any weight or getting dehydrated.  She will
wander around and explore a little for about 10 minutes at a time now, but
will not really try to play.  I am beginning to worry, because this has
gone on now for 2 weeks.  While she is not getting any worse, she doesn't
seem to be getting better in a hurry either.  Although she has only been
on her latest medication 4 days now.  I am beginning to wonder about IBD
or something like that.

Suggestions?

Please send responses to email address [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Holly,
Tigger & Pooh