From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 12:50:55 EDT
Hello Everyone,
I just read the July 18 post and had a couple of comments/questions.

First of all, I have a number of pet supply catalogs that sell rabies and
distemper vaccines but I have been reluctant to purchase any because I was
told that the reason these catalogs have access to these vaccines is because
they are not quite up to specifications.  In other words they are inferior
grades that were not fit to distribute to vets.  Is this correct?

Second, to Ronnie, the poem that you posted was heart wrenching!  I just
hope that no one of the fml would do such a thing!

Finally, I just want to apologize if I have offended anyone in the past.
Recently I posted a private e-mail requesting assistance from one of the
fml's knowledged vets but got no response.  I realize he is probably a VERY
busy man but being the worry wart that I am my first thought was "Oh dear
Lord, I've been black listed by the vets on the fml for my post on vets"!
The one in which I said that many of the vets around here seem to be more
concerned with their fee than the life of the animal.  I hope I am wrong and
that this is not the case because I never meant to generalize!  I have a
wonderful vet who I am heavily dependent on and feel I can never repay his
kindness, understanding and care of my loved ones.  I also appreciate the
vets on the fml greatly because many doctors (human or vets) would not give
advice/opinions for free.  I view the vets here on the fml as a gold mind of
knowledge and support and hope that I have not burned my bridges.  If my
concerns are totally off the wall please forgive me for being so paranoid
but I am just one of those people who can't stand for anyone to be mad at me.

God bless and love to all,
        Irena...Lucy, Chelsea and Tabitha's mom