From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:46:21 -0400
IT WAS A GORGEOUS DAY   nothing simply about it!

I may indeed leave something out but here goes--

We were elated at the turnout of folks for Ferretstock III - A
Celebration of human & mustelid companionship.  Moreover at the number of
NEW FRIENDS who attended.  Many new faces added to some of our faithful
attendees made for a nice day!

Ferrets belonging to Gail Elsey took the ferrets furthest traveled award
with them back to NJ!

Ela Heyn brought her wonderfully scented soapmaking seminar for folks to
created neat soaps to take home.

Mellissa D reclaimed the Best Ferret Tattoo on a human title!  She has
threats of new tattoos to challenge her for next year!

Silent Auction items from folks including: Martin's Cages, FerretWare,
The Ferret Company, Fisherville Animal Hospital, Performance Foods, Super
Pets and more brought in $412.00 to help the veterinary fund out.

The Cutest Ferret Photo contest was won by our own Francesca Ferretwise
Roberts of VT who is now recovering from adrenal surgery.  I am sure the
toys and tent will make her and her house mate Fidget ( age 7) and the
"Senior Ferret in attendance" at Ferretstock III very happy gals!  Please
watch for the photo coming soon on the web site.  The photo contest of
itself raised nearly $57 for the vaccination fund at the shelter!

The trophy for the Top Fundraiser has been shipped along with event
packet to Roxanne Marker of Aurora CO.  Roxanne & ferret & hubby were
able to raise $280 for Ferretwise in the pledge a ton this year.  For
those who still have your forms out get them back so you can get the
Tote bags!

The ADV DESSERT auction Raised $234.00 this year.  Of that $60 alone was
raised on wonderful biscotti (from Renee Downs of Corpus Christi TX!
Thanks Renee!!!  The trophy for highest dessert winner ion the ADV
Auction went to Judy WIlliams for a smashing Pumpkin pie in an antique
pumpkin pie covered carrier.

The mood and music were wonderous thanks to DJ ALex Jones and "Moondance
Productions" who created wonderful comemmorative CD's for this event!
If you did not get one - you will be sorry-- as Ferretstock IV will be
changing it's next music format and lineup!  :)

While we are still balancing the expenses and income it appears
FerretWise was able to raise $1700 to help with the winter fuel and food
supplies for the shelter kids after the bills are paid.  Of course we may
borrow some shortly for some stacked surgeries for kids Disney, JiIlly
and of course the new kids headed in on Friday... more to follow on them.

Kathy Stano a new attendee this year won the "Granny Square" afghan made
by hospice Mom Marilyn LeDoux!

As early as 9 PM following the days event we were notified of a "local
situation:" and in fact 2 ferrets may be headed in - they have 4 days to
decide who will care for them re: a domestic violence case.  We have a
call in and Martin's is once again expediting overflow caging so we will
be set on Friday :(

It never seems to end....

We send big hugs and thanks to our faithful volunteers whpo gave up a
day to help the shelter-- there would be no Ferret Wise without your
dedicatiojn-- alos to those who generously partook in the raffles &
auctions during the event!