From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 23:41:15 -0800
We had quite a close call today.  The dishwasher repairman came over
and fixed a malfunctioning float.  That meant he had to take off the
dishwasher base cover.

When he did he said, "Wow lady, you have mice.  A lot of mice!  The
insulation is all torn up and on the floor."

I said "Well they must be really stupid mice to live in a house with ..."

Just then he said, "SOCKS" as he began pulling out the first of about 12
socks.

And I of course said, "the FERRETS!"  No, not ferrets, just Butter.
Ginger doesn't stash socks she prefers gloves.

We had a brief discussion about how it was impossible for him to get in
through the very small space between the cabinet and the cover - but the
proof is in the socks!  He didn't think it was possible.  We now have it
covered with duct tape until a permanent solution can be crafted.  I
thought Butter was being very mellow about the bucket of rocks in front
of the sink cabinet.  He could, with a lot of effort, in my opinion,
eventually move the bucket.  I have observed him on occasion test the
sturdyness of the door.  Butter learned about the joys of Under The Sink
years ago when my plumber was fixing a broken pipe.  Randy didn't know a
ferret had moved in and I didn't know Butter was awake.  Randy went to
get a wrench and when he went back to the pipe, on his back under the
sink, out pops this sweet little face out of the pipe.  Would have scared
him he said, but the face was too cute.  Well Randy is Butter's most
favorite person; he has cool leathers sacks to explore and best of all
Randy moves the rock bucket and opens the sink cabinet doors - almost a
religious experience for Butter.

I have never observed him even look at that space by the dishwasher
although I know he covets it dearly!  Notice to all - check for evidence
of them everywhere.

Patti
Butter "I didn't put those socks there, maybe we do have mice.  You can
take that ugly duct tape away now."
Ginger, "Sniff. Mice, in my house? - I don't think so!"

  No trees were harmed in the production of
  this message.  However, a rather large number
  of electrons were somewhat inconvenienced.

  Patti Higgins Realtor=AE, GRI, eCertified=AE
  Prudential Vista
  Direct Line 907-273-7228
  Cell Phone 907-360-2561
  Home:  907-349-3628