From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:54:31 -0700
>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Big Long Post Responses; Q-N-A Shorties
>Men are stronger, are taller, and are stronger.  Oh, did I mention
>taller?

Uh... I've seen you.  Neither of us is really in a great personal position
to state men are really taller than women... <grin>  Okay in general men
are taller.  Those unfortunately deformed men <grin>

"In general" will also surface in the next reply.

>From:    Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Healthier Female
>This may seem like an odd question but I am known for them odd ones.  Is
>it healthier to have a female be mated to a male who can't produce kids,
>hehehe once and they spay her after this?  Or is it better to spay her
>before first heat first?

That is a VERY good question.  I don't know if it has ever been really
studied but the normal recommendation as we've heard it is to spay before
the first heat.  But that isn't through a scientific study but I think the
idea that that first heat does bring about potential for infection.  We
scrub down our soon to get busy partners with anti- bacterial soap but
that reduces but can not prevent infections.

Also some folks really think even the first false pregnancy really alters
the personality of the jill and not for the better.  We aren't ready to
accept this based on ours but not all of ours even respond to real or false
pregnancies the same and won't assert we know what other folk's jills will
be like.

We haven't noticed that early sapyed females are smaller that later spayed
females in general.  Marshall has some lines that are quite small but so
are some private bred lines.  In general though we have seen that most
early castrated males are smaller than late castrated males.  Note "in
general" and "most" - we too have seen large early alters and small late
alters.

>From:    sharin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: free speech controversy
>That said, I think the posts suggesting & then supporting throwing pies at
>a particular correspondent were out of line.  They were funny, but had to
>be hurtful to read, & did not serve to edify us about ferretry.  I think
>I'd have edited those out, even tho they made me giggle.

We're with you on this.  I'm quite sure if you asked every subscriber to
name who they'd like to throw pies at the reslutant list would be quite
long though.  I'm sure several would name me as well.  Some of those who
would name Edward or me would also possibly be named by others.  It would
be an unpleasant experience for many of us to find out we aren't as popular
as we think we are.  So not bringing up things like this is a good idea.

As far as free speech.  This is not really a public forum.  BIG owns it
and can choose to post what he chooses.  Its not censorship so much as
editting.  Some folks have decided that they have different ideas on what
should be on a ferret mail list and have created their own list so they
can choose what to edit out.  The closest thing to a public forum on the
internet regarding ferret topics is the newsgroup alt.pets.ferrets
Unforunately my ISP has bungled up newsgroups so I'm not currently annoying
folks there.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian