From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:02:14 -0500
Minta,

I couldn't have said it better...

>Anyway, thanks for the helpful and supportive responses!  We're looking
>forward to that day, whenever it occurs, that Audrey wakes up, so to
>speak, and notices the zoo at her fingertips..."

This will be one of your greatest gifts to your daughter, a love and
dedication to our companion pets that stands the stress of time.  The
example we set for our children is what helps them formulate a standard
for their future behavior.  What a wonderful day, when you can share with
your daughter the funny stories and sacrifices that you went through during
this crazy time.  She will only love you and the ferrets more for it.  And
the ferrets.....well, they love you more anyway.

You are teaching your daughter a valuable lesson during this time and when
you share this with her, she will know what it means to stand by a love
relationship even when things become hard.

Please continue to post when you are feeling overwhelmed by the struggles
of raising baby and playing with ferrets.  There are many on this board
who I know would be willing to give you a "morale" boost.  I know that
helps when we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Someone seems
to hand us a bit of good advice or different perspective and things don't
look so grim after all.

Phyllis

Mom to Duchess, Tobey, Tyler, Jenny, Molly and Joshua (the Demon Child).