From:
Sue Dastous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 20:12:27 -0400
About screaming kits...  When I first got my little girl, Tequila, she would
whine and scream continously whenever I put her in her cage.  She was my
second ferret and I kept her separated from my first ferret, Sammy, for a
little while until they got used to each other.  (Sammy was about 4 months
old at the time).  She would also cry and scream whenever she was playing
with Sam.  I thought it was because Sammy was biting her too hard, but I
watched closely and Sammy wouldn't even have his teeth on her and she'd be
whining and screaming!  I think she was just a very vocal baby.  After a
couple of days, I put Sammy and Tequila in the same cage together and
Tequila stopped screaming.  She would just curl up next to Sam and fall
asleep.  She's two years old now and hardly ever makes a sound.  Also,
Tequila was purchased from a pet shop and she must have been very young
because she was so small I couldn't even "fold" her in half.  Could it be
that the younger ferrets feel more secure when they are with another ferret
(or human)?

Sue and the Fuzzy Four (Sammy, Tequila, Cinnamon, and Buddy)