From:
Ronald Sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:58:19 -0400
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest condolances to
all who have had their beloved fuzzies leave this world and go to the
Rainbow Bridge.

I know how much it hurts to have these delightful little love bugs depart
this existance, having gone through it many times myself.  And even
though I strongly believe in a spiritual existance after this life, I too
cry many tears in sorrow, for I miss their physical presence, just as you
miss your ferts.

But, I wish to bring you hope and peace.  In the Torah (the first 5 books
of the Old Testament, written by Moses), it is written that only Mankind
fell from grace by sinning.  Therefore, the Great Creator, who is LOVE
beyond all human knowledge, would not condemn those creatures to eternal
death just because of what mankind has done.

In the New Testament (of the Christian Bible), it is written in John 3:
16, "For God so loved the World (in Greek the word was Cosmos, meaning
all of Creation), that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever
believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." What this
is saying is that the Great Creator LOVES all of Creation, and is willing
to give of Himself for all of creation.  Therefore, our beloved animals
will have a place in Heaven, where their spirits will live forever,
without pain or suffering.

Jesus said, regarding the end of time, that the Lion will lay down with
the Lamb, and the Child will put his hand into the Adder's den, and not
be harmed.  This also tells me that the spirits of all animals will live
in heaven and be there when we arrive.

Being of Native American descent (my ancestor, Chief Joseph Brandt, was
chief of the Mohawk at the time of the American Revolution, and my
Grandmother was full blooded Mohawk), we also believe that all living
things have a spirit, and that the Great Spirit watches over all of what
the Great Spirit created (not much different than that of the Jewish,
Christian and Islamic faiths, is there?  And also similar to other
religious faiths not written here).  And what the Great Spirit created
will live again in the Happy Hunting Ground for all eternity.

Finally, also being well versed in science (Psychology major/Biology
minor), I find a law of Physics that states: Energy cannot be created nor
destroyed by ordinary means, but it will change form.  Life is energy.
And when the body dies, that life (energy) changes form, just as a tree
has energy, when burned, it changes form by giving off heat, and light.

I realize that these are my beliefs based upon my limited knowledge and
faith.  I only hope and pray that these words will bring comfort and
peace to each of you who have gone through the pain of losing the
physical presence of your beloved animals.

I would also like to thank everyone for your kind prayers and e-cards and
words of encouragement for my healing.  I am getting better, healing
slowly.

Peace and Dooks to one and all.  And may the Peace of God which surpasses
all human understanding, be with you now and forever.

Rev. Ronald L. Sims, D.D. & Family: 2 hooman beans owned and operated by
3 ferts, 3 canines, and 4 felines.