From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:29:07 EST
Mr. Lipinski writes;
>"My plea to all is to come to this admission of defectiveness; then, once
>confessed, work toward the understanding of this objectionable behavior so
>that remedial efforts may be undertaken to eliminate it.  That my friends
>is a big order.  Shall we all take this first step - don't negate
>negativity; instead admit it and do something about it and pronto?
>Otherwise, somewhere, someplace and soon there will be blood spilled again
>and it will be on our hands."

I propose birth control be added to all public drinking water and people
considering parenthood should be required to take an aptitude test before
being given the antidote.  Is something like this what you had in mind?  Is
the problem the pet that is left unsupervised?, or is it the parent who
leaves the pet unsupervised?

Carla writes;
>3. Ferrets were domesticated before cats.
>3. Cats have been domesticated for many thousands of years and certainly
>   much, much longer than ferrets.  It is easily proven that the Egyptians
>   held domesticated cats.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm no history major but I think ferrets were domesticated before cats in
Europe.  They were used as mousers instead of cats because of the stigma
and folklore associated to cats at that time.  It's almost funny how the
tables have turned.

Happy New Year!
SP