From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:12:15 -0500
Tuesday AM we will welcome one more Ferret to Ferret Wise. "Dark Star "
(It's a great name for the concert I will miss next week-) -- a 4 yo
female dark sable ferret - who was a stray and wandered into a seniors
home 4 weeks ago, will make her final journey to Ferret Wise.

We had tried to no avail to find her a referral placement - but the
promised home fell through. The woman has done her best to try to care
for this little lady -- including vet trips and vaccination, but she
also has a husband with advanced alzheimer's and the task of keeping
him away from the cage, litter box, etc., has become far too much for
her to deal with. So I will fire up the vehicle and make the 40 mile
trip to pick her up and bring her back.

The small cage we usually house the education group in for teaching
venues will be her home until we have an opening in one of our hospice
sites. It will sit atop the small cage housing Charlie Chuckles and
Hidee-Ho the two ferrets abandoned outside the Manchester Animal rescue
( who refused to keep them). It seems we will have one more turkey with
us for Thanksgiving! LOL.

Unfortunately this little gal ( who had a severe reaction to her CD
vaccination) will not make the giving tree... and we don't really know
what she is like -- I am sure it will take a few weeks to sort out her
personality after one more move. But we will be happy to supply updates
and pics once she arrives & settles in.

Hug your ferrets today and be thankful they are safe and secure in a
loving home. There are far too many of these little ones who seem to
get "lost" along the way.

Alicia - shelter MOm
www.ferretwise.org  a 501c3 organization

donations are tax deductible