From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 16:48:06 -0500
Well, we did it now....we changed to the wood stove pellets yesterday.  I
used a trick that was suggested and put in a few pieces of wet clumps and a
few poops.  The first thing they did was....naturally started digging
tunnels.  I only had about a 1 1/2" layer in the box.  All 4 were having fun
until...WAIT!  Pogo dug his tunnel right into the goodies I left for him and
turned right around...hissed at the other 3 and proceeded to go potty!  I
guess he wanted his privacy, right?  haha After he got done....the other 3
went too.  They normally go potty right next to the box on a paper towel.  I
only have one box for them which is hooked to their cage (I use a second one
for the insert) and then in front of that (another corner) is where the
paper towel is.  They all are real good about just using those 2 places.
Well, this morning I was in for a major shock!  I was doing the first of 3
cleaning sessions (per day) and the whole box was full and mostly saw dust.
Not a single smell!  And the best part was....not a single drop of anything
was on the paper towel!  So I took the whole box full and dummped it and
started out with a fresh batch.  There was no smell at all.  I will never
use sand again!  These wood pellets are extremely cheap so I'm convinced.
Are you?

Cheers, chuckles, dooks and a howl from the crew......
Rascal (chief in charge and mama's main lover boy), Brandy (still way too
busy to pay attention), May-wee (such a frail wee little baby girl but
fiesty!), Pogo (mama calls me Bubba cause I'm a real CHUNK!), Lobo (the
Guard Wolf) and their mama too!