From:
Richard Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 19:49:04 -0500
Brooke asked what to do with a ferret with dry skin.

We've had good luck with Avon Skin So Soft.  A little in water, in a spray
bottle.  Spritz it on the ferret and rub it in.  Seems to help the dry skin
and makes them smell good.

Also Straight Arrow Mane and Tail Conditioner.  It's made for horses but
works just great on ferrets and humans.  We can get a large bottle at
Walmart for about $5-$6.  You can apply it directly to the ferret or to your
hands and rub it in thoroughly.  At first, until it drys, it make their fur
look sort of punk.  After it drys, it leaves the fur shiny and seems to help
stop the itch.

Dick B.