From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:10:02 -0400
Dear Grandma and Daddy Billy,

Over the last week or so I have been spending a great deal of time
with one of my favorite groups of fuzzits. We have been lying around
in one huge pile and listening to one and another talk about their most
cherished memories and thoughts about those they love best. That's you
of course, and I have to tell you, had I not had such a good mum of my
own, that I would have most certainly been more then happy to have been
a part of your family.

PC told about how much he loved it when Daddy called them his Feisty
Ferrets, and Butterball spoke about just how much he loved it when
Daddy would put him on his shoulder, and even if he didn't, he would
just climb up there, just to be near his dad, this man he loved and
still loves so very much, and then he put out his toes and showed us
all how he use to curl them in pleasure of being so deeply loved.

Frostman, puffed up his soft little chest, and then told us all that
even though he loved his dad very much, he was a Grandma's boy all
the way and very proud of that fact and that he went to the Viewing
Pool everyday just so he could look over everyone, but especially his
Grandma. Then he looked over at me and said that he also looked in the
Viewing Pool because he wanted to make sure his wings were on straight
because he knew that she worried about that.

Nicky talked about nothing but his brother No-No and that he missed him
dearly and hoped that one day they would be reunited, because while he
loved everyone here, the simple truth is that No-No is his favorite
brother and until it is his time to come to the Bridge, he watches over
him every single day. He also talked about how much he loved kissing
his Grandma and Daddy, and admitted that sometimes they tasted so sweet
he couldn't help but give them a nip on the lip and every one giggled,
because they knew exactly what he meant by this.

Vannie, who is still so very proud of her soft pink and white wings,
showed everyone her lime green blankie and said that this was her best
and forever reminder of home but most especially of Grandma, and that
she was glad that the Big Guy had allowed her to take it with her when
she left. Everyone who sees that blanket knows its Savannah, and they
come to take a touch and a sniff of the love that still holds true in
every fiber of that blanket.

Ditto, who is still dealing with being a new arrival talked about how
she went to the Viewing Pool at least three times a day so she could
blow kisses down to her Daddy and then she asked me if I thought he
felt them all and I told he most certainly does!

But the main reason why we were all gathered here was to watch over
Bear. Dear sweet, sable, ball of love Bear-Bear. We had been holding
candlelit vigils and saying copious amounts of healing prayers --
because even up here we still hope the best for everyone and these
things help keep very much tied to the ones we love most.

We felt it though, when he was leaving for the Bridge, and so we went
there and then one by one we formed a circle around the Bridge and
we waited for him. I was holding hands with Savannah when she softly
tugged at me. I looked down at her and she motioned for me to come
closer and so I did.

"Pie, can we please, please sing that Fly song that you guys sang for
me? I think, no I KNOW that Bear will love it!" and I smiled and nodded
at her and in this sweet, pure and clear voice she began to sing.

"Fly, fly little wing, Fly beyond imagining. The softest cloud, the
whitest dove upon the wind of heaven's love. Past the planets and the
stars, leave this lonely world of ours. Escape the sorrow and the pain
and fly again"

I took a deep breath and sang along, and pretty soon everyone was
singing for Bear.

"Fly, fly precious one, your endless journey has begun. Take your
gentle happiness far too beautiful for this, cross over to the other
shore. There is peace forevermore but hold this mem'ry bittersweet
until we meet."

And as we sang, over the Bridge we could see this light blue mist
flowing up and over the Bridge, and through it came Bear. Mama Hen
began to giggle and pointed and said, "Look, he has his camo back
pack!!!!"

Bizzy jumped in and said, "He also has his blue blanket too, boy the
Big Guy let him have all of his favorite things to take along!!!"

I think the best thing of all, was when he finally reached us, he
had, clutched in his tiny little hands, was this funny picture of
his brother Dude in among his secret stash of Cheerios!!!

Bandit was the very first one to run up to him and give him the biggest
hug ever. After that it was a free for all, with everyone diving in to
greet this cheerful little guy. Even I got to hug him, and when he
pulled away from me he just stood there looking at me for a bit and
then said, "Your Pie O' Pah ain't you? My Grandma talked about you. Is
it true that you can take me to someplace where I can see Grandma and
everyone else?

I told them that yes, I could do just that, but wouldn't it be fun if
we all went together? He smiled and nodded and so we all made our way
to the Viewing Pool, hand in hand, or as most would see it, paw and
paw. Dini, Princess and Hammie where the first to reach the Pool and
together they showed Bear how to use the Pool and within a matter of
seconds we could see you and Daddy, Dude and No-No, and all of the
others.

Bear looked at me again and asked me if I could pass a few things along
to you. So here goes. First off, he said that his life with you and
daddy was the very best life possible, that no other ferret was as
well loved as he was.

Oh my was that the wrong thing to say, because every one else went on
about how much they were loved, and who was loved best, and who was
loved most, and who gave the best kisses, and who had the best smile,
and who could make you guys laugh most. At this point I tried to get
everyone's attention, which didn't go over all that well! I have to
tell you Grandma, when you are in the midst of a business of ferrets
and everyone is dooking all at once, well I hope you can imagine just
how loud it was, and yes, how much fun it was as well, because pretty
soon we were all laughing and Bandit piped up and said, "Grandma and
Daddy loves us all, and loves us different, because we each has
something special about us to love!"

And guess what Bear said?

You guessed it, he said "Ditto!!!"

And that started us all laughing again. Bear then looked at me and
said, "Tell them I wasn't afraid Pie, that I knew I wasn't alone. I
could sense everyone waiting for me on the other side and then I heard
all of that beautiful singing and I just knew I was going someplace
really wonderful. Please tell them both that I love them so very, very
much ok?"

He paused and sniffed a bit and asked me if he could send you a little
something, and I asked him what he wanted to send and he said, "A dozen
really good kisses please!"

So, from sweet Bear-Bear to you and Daddy a dozen of the very best
kisses a ferret-boy could ever give! He is here now, safe, healed and
whole, and among all of his brothers and sisters who are here.

Much Love & Much Comfort,
Pie O' Pah