From:
Les and Eric Bitters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:56:46 EDT
Hello to all from a first time poster.  We have 2 fuzzies...(both
neutered)...3 1/2 year old Spenser (male) and 2 1/4 year old Hawk (female).
We also added a new human to our ranks 3 months ago....(the first).

We noticed yesterday that Spenser has lost some of the hair on his tail.
The loss is only at the tip, not near the base...and he does have what I
think are black dots on the bald area...my husband thinks they look more
like hair stubble.  I checked our ferret care books which said that this
sounds like ferret acne..or perhaps a reaction to stress with seasonal
shedding.

Other than that, we thought things we going fine...the fur kids are given
their usual run of the house, and are allowed to be near the baby when
supervised (like one would with any pet).  They have a baby blanket of
their own and we make a point of each playing with them when one of us is
holding our daughter.

We'll check in with our vet on Monday, but would appreciate hearing from
anyone with any thoughts about this.

Thanks to all for the things we've learned through reading the FML of your
fuzzy's experiences, and our thoughts and prayers to all of those whose
fuzzies are ill or have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Lester Bitters